Thursday, January 28, 2010

New phones today! But a bone to pick with Verizon

So when we decided to get new phones since our 2 year contract is up, I really got my heart set on this....
It is purple and oh so sleek! But unfortunately in order to have it, you have to pay an extra $40/mo for a data package. Since I am by far not that cool, I ended up with this....

Now, it is still in Flamingo Red and is very comfy to the ear. Plus it slides out to text. Best of all they (Eric's too) were free and do not require any extra cash to use. I must say, I was steamin' mad when I found out about all this from Verizon. We have Verizon because they have the best coverage and with Eric's job, that is a must. Plus almost everyone we know is on Verizon - which means free in calling. But come on!! Like their plans don't already cost A FORTUNE. Their 3G phones require a data package, no more pay as you use. Stupid Verizon. But over all I am happy... Even if my phone isn't purple. Or blue. Or green. Red is nice still.

3 comments:

Wife of dastew said...

I feel the same way about paying the $40 data charge every month. I wanted a phone that has the ability to websurf, should I need, but I didn't want to commit to it every month. I ended up going with a small palm that only required the phone access, but if I want it I can use the web and pay per byte, or add the dataplan.
But I'm like you and love the in calling on Verizon with the fam.

Smathers House of Girls said...

I want a purple phone! I ended up buying the data package after a couple really ridiculous bills. I was leaning towards the droid but I HATE the touch screen. It never works for me! It always takes me 5 minutes to try and answer my phone

Natalie said...

red IS still nice. Ah, man though. That purple one is even prettier than mine! Good thing you didn't get it, I would have been so jealous=) Hooray for new phones!