Thursday, January 14, 2010

A long week, but a good week

Natalie, you are right I should blog more often. So here is a post for this week.
So this week was long. It started with a sweet and sour weekend, followed by a Monday I'd like to forget. Eric went to work Monday morning and just got home late last night - Thursday. But it was a good week for growth, mostly for me. I have two good recipes I'll post for you, too. Anyway, so we posted a poster that says, "Our home is a happy home" and has the following rules: 1) Be nice (smiling sun) 2) share (toy truck) 3) Listen to mom and dad (cartoon person with a large ear) 4) Mom and dad listen to the children (dad walking with a daughter) 5) Help each other (table place setting) 6) Love one another as Jesus loves you (heart in hands, picture of Jesus). Taking the wonderful advice and reminders from www.askingjane.blogspot.com, I strove to be ALWAYS kind and patient with Noel, no matter how snudy or stubborn . It has worked. I am so glad to have Eric home this morning. I love what I do, but I am hoping to have some time to myself this weekend. Just a little :^)
OK so the recipes - one is a crock pot which was so easy. It is a red beans and rice recipe from my friend's blog with a corn pudding from Paula Dean (modified) which is so creamy and yummy. Saturday night I made the corn pudding and assembled everything but the water in the crock pot and put it in the fridge. Sunday morning, I poured in the water to the crock pot and set it on high for 5 hours so it was almost done when we got home from church (the house smelt AMAZING!). An hour before we ate, I threw in the corn pudding ans started the rice. Yum Yum. The other recipe came when on Monday night I wanted something fast like pancakes, but wanted to incorporate some vegetable. Thus, pumpkin pancakes.

http://cookyourheartout.blogspot.com/2010/01/easy-and-cheap-whats-not-to-love.html

http://cookyourheartout.blogspot.com/2010/01/hard-day-turn-simple-treat-into-serving.html

No comments: