Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting back on track

This week has been a little crazy. We are in transition time and it just throws off my day. Ty is sooo tired in the morning, but will only take one nap now. I try to keep him up, but it only results in a whinny crying baby. Which then Noel tries to compete with. No fun. So he naps in the morning and then not in the afternoon - and Noel is phasing out a nap all together. I was just so used to our routine - and now I don't know what to think! I feel all mixed up and without a plan. The kids are good kids, I just don't know what to expect in the day. I feel like I'm floating as far as, what are we accomplishing today? At least before it was up around 6:30/7, Ty nap by 9, mom showers while Noel watches tv, go out or play at home, lunch between 11:30 and noon, nap for Ty 12:30, nap/rest for Noel 1, exercise time for mom, kids up around 2/3, play at the house, dinner at 5/5:30, PJs, and bed by 6:30/7. There were things to count on - now I feel like, who knows what's next? Anyway, I know it seems silly. I guess I like predictability. We started attending some fun activities at the library on Tuesday mornings. I should see what else they have going on during the week. I want to start pre-school with Noel (www.letteroftheweek.com) I just have to get organized. Which involves times without interruptions. *sigh*
What are some of the things you do with your kids to keep your days organized?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am jealous, my children have never gone to bed EVER at 6.30 - 7.00!!! My first daughter didn't even sleep through the night until she was four and a half and my son who is three in a couple of weeks has done so about five times!!! I must admit my middle two were angels where bedtime was concerned though!!!

As for being organised now, the older children are at school all day and I take Max to some activities three days a week but he won't go to sleep at a certain time, so it is a bit of what happens, happens really!